PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP FOR WINERIES AND VINEYARDS
Welcome Oregon wineries and growers! Join hundreds of loyal industry members representing over two-thirds of Oregon’s wine production.
For over 40 years, OWA has helped strengthen Oregon’s wine industry by serving as the primary voice for regional, state and national policymaking. We also offer exclusive member benefits to ensure the health, growth and economic sustainability of the industry and create a wide variety of opportunities for our members to stay informed, connected and engaged with their community.
View our brochure to learn more about our work and the benefits available to members.
Our Professional Membership year runs January 1 – December 31. Dues range from a minimum of $200 to a maximum of $6,000.
OWA Professional Memberships are open to those who have:
- wine grape growing operations within Oregon;
- wine making business operations within Oregon;
- business operations based within Oregon which purchase Oregon-appellated custom crush wine that is made within Oregon under one or more wine brands belonging to such individual or legal entity;
- or produce or blend Oregon-appellated wine in accordance with all applicable Oregon law.
Your annual dues are integral to the success of OWA’s advocacy initiatives on behalf of our members.
Our Key Member Benefits Include:
Legislative And Regulatory Advocacy
Key initiatives over the last 40+ years:
- Low or no wine excise tax rates/small producer exemptions
- Direct-to-consumer shipping privileges/reciprocal shipment law
- Lack of distributor franchise laws
- Land use laws for winery activities and events
- Oregon wine labeling regulations
- Wine and grape research at Oregon State University incl. new smoke analysis lab
- Grape Day/Oregon Wine Symposium
- Creation of Oregon Wine Advisory Board/Oregon Wine Board
- Wine Country License Plate
For a list of top deliverables for 2022 please see this list.
Together, we amass our collective buying power to bring cost-saving benefits to small and mid-sized growers. OWA Membership includes many cost saving benefits to help your business run more efficiently including:
- The ability to join our association group healthcare plan
- Resources for general legal and regulatory questions, including common licensing and permitting, labeling, trade practice compliance, employment, land use, and distribution issues
- Access to our online Reference Toolbox that provides compliance, regulatory and contact information and links to further resources
- Discounts through Office Depot for all of your business needs
- Discounts on shipping whether it’s direct-to-consumer wine, the latest business reports, or new swag for your tasting room
- Discounted rates with Givily a platform for managing donation requests
- Discounted registration rates for the annual Oregon Wine Symposium trade show (when available)
Stay Informed And Connected
Stay informed and connected on industry topics and legislative issues through OWA communications and statewide meetings:
- Access to members-only sections of the OWA website.
- OWA Annual Meetings to network and learn about important member benefits, and legislative/regulatory updates affecting your business.
- OWA Member Bulletins with timely updates on important policy issues, upcoming events and member benefits.
- Member outreach, educational forums and listening sessions conducted throughout the state.
- Access to the Service Member Directory to help match you with vendors who support OWA and provide services to the industry.
We’re proud that over 93% of our members continue to invest in OWA’s policy initiatives through annual renewals. As our memberships grow, so does our impact.